- Degree in Psychology from the Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences of the University of Coimbra.
- Master's Degree in Health Psychology from the University of Liverpool (United Kingdom)
- PhD in Psychology in the specialty of Clinical Psychology at the University of Algarve.
- Clinical psychologist in the career of Superior Health Technician – Ministry of Health (1994-2001)
- Professor of Clinical Psychology at the University of Algarve (2001-2021).
Specialty in Clinical and Health Psychology.
- Advanced Specialty in Relational Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy by PsiRelational - Association of Relational Psychoanalysis.
- Member of IARPP - The International Association for Relational Psychoanalysis & Psychotherapy.
- Clinical psychology and relational psychotherapy (Affective disorders in adults and adolescents);
- Psychotherapeutic monitoring of adolescents and adults, with particular interest in the following issues:
- - Emotional difficulties (depressive or anxious states);
- - Difficulties in terms of self-confidence and self-esteem that interfere with interpersonal relationships and life projects;
- - Parental counseling.